Monday, April 26, 2010

It Happened Backstage


Setting: Backstage at Hey!Dancin'! Sunday night. It's raining

Aileen and Casey sit backstage left. Everyone is probably hung over from the night before. Actors are tired and crashing from a pre-show sugar high. The door cracks open as Esteban steps just outside of it. He reaches for the fly of his red pants

Aileen: Estie, don't pee here.

Casey (inner monologue): That's hilarious. Why would he pee there?

Esteban: Why not?

Casey (internally): Oh, he really was going to pee there.

Aileen: Just please don't.

Esteban: Why?

Casey (inside thoughts): Because someone's going to come down the stairs and see your dick, that's why. Not like you'll care, but still.

Aileen: Please. It's going to splash on me. Move further outside.

Esteban: No. It's raining and I'll get my shoes wet.

Aileen: Estie, just don't.

Esteban: I have to go here! I left my bags (used to cover his shoes) on the other side of the theater for when I do my reach around.

A tired and frustrated Aileen walks stage right without another word. Esteban relieves himself. I am amused by the fact that Aileen is not disgusted by Esteban peeing so close to us. Rather, she's pissed (pun intended) because it is sort of inconveniencing her and she's just too tired to fight him.

Casey: Melissa! Cat! Listen to what just happened...

No comments:

Post a Comment