Friday, May 14, 2010

You just can't talk to some people

When it comes to certain individuals, there is a wall between them. It makes it very difficult to communicate. The wall in this situation is my inability to budge, because I really just couldn't give a damn anymore if I tried. Please...

Caller: We want to do one of your dinner packages.
Me: Okay, where would you like to have dinner?
Caller: Uh, I don't know. I saw that Marcello's but I guess they have pizza.
Me: They don't just have pizza. They have entrees as well.
Caller: Well I just picked that one. I see you have a list here, but that's the one that jumped out at me.
Me: Okay. . .
Caller: So, I'll do Marcello's.
Me: Okay, and the dinner menu?
Caller: Well, I don't know. I mean is there a price difference?
Me: Yes. I just thought you wanted the dinner menu because you seemed like you didn't want pizza.
Caller: WE don't have a problem with pizza! What would you eat?
Me: I'm not really sure. I guess it would depend on my mood.
Caller: You aren't really helping me.
Me: Well, I don't know. I've had everything from Marcello's. It's all really good.
Caller: But you thought I'd want the dinner menu...
Me: Right! Because you seemed like you didn't want pizza.
Caller: We'll do pizza.
Me: Alright. What time do you want to go dinner?
Caller: I don't know... what do you think?
Me: Depends on how long you want to spend at the restaurant. You want to spend one hour? Two hours?
Caller: Well how long do you think it will take to eat?
Me: I cannot tell you how long it will take you to eat, Sir.


I am not a life coach. Period. I don't make enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment