Friday, October 22, 2010

Prepare ye...


Are you scared yet? You should be.

People love riding horses. Personally, I've never had much luck with it. The first time I ever got on a horse's back my cousin was riding her four wheeler beside us, and the horse freaked the fuck out nearly sending me, an eight-year-old novice to horseback riding, flying across a dirt road where I would have, inevitably, plummeted to my untimely death.

The second time I rode a horse, I was on a beach in Swansea, Wales. It was amazing, that was until the dude took off running and my saddle started slipping. To Whom it May Concern: You didn't put the saddle on correctly and, if I hadn't landed on sand, I may have been seriously injured. Sincerely, Casey.

Another friend of mine also fell off her horse that day, and she grew up training them. Now, I know these are instances where human beings had a hand in making horses lose their shit, but it seems to happen more often than not. Instead of being completely bitter about my experiences with horseback riding, I put myself into the horseshoes and came up with a little theory-- Horses do not want us riding them.

Think about it. Back in the day, long before we had automobiles and animal rights, we rode horses into battle where many of them fell victim to musket-shot wounds, death, broken legs, you name it. If you were a horse, wouldn't you be a bit angry over this? I think I would.

I'm pretty certain, if I were a horse, I'd be mad as hell, guys. First, you ride my ancestors into war, getting them maimed and killed, when they were reluctant to go in the first place. We're a peaceful species. We don't want to quarrel. Then, you get all smart, invent the automobile, and now you want to ride me for fun?! OH, HELL NO!

Humans, we should be prepared. We should respect horses or be prepared for the day we see the great equestrian uprising. Hey, I'm not happy about it, but it's bound to happen. So yeah, you should be afraid, because I'll bet, once they train up a bit, those sons of bitches can and will fight.

1 comment:

  1. horses freak my funk the hell out. i've never ridden one for real that wasn't attached to a wheel thing. and then i believe i peed on it i was so scared. (not even kidding)

    ReplyDelete