Saturday, February 6, 2010

Poems from Taiwan

I recently ordered a cosmetic off of Ebay which was shipped to me from Taiwan (with a quickness, might I add!) in a scented envelope.

The scented envelope is pink and decorated with a poem. I can't help but find this poem suggestive and creepy. I mean, seriously. I believe they may be referencing a vagina. I'll share it with you now...verbatim.

Scent
by some Taiwanese Envelope Sachet Maker with a bit of a creative streak and a mild grasp of the English language

(Okay, that part I made up. But it is called "Scent.")

*ahem...cue my bongos, please*

Scent

I live on a island a silent island
The winds comes and it never stops
sometimes it brings
The scent of the Mediterranean sea
sometimes it brings
the scent of the Saharan sand
but I know it will bring somewhere
the scent of my island too

Mmmm...can you smell the scent of my island?



No comments:

Post a Comment