Monday, June 7, 2010

File this under-"No shit!"




Can we talk about True Life: I'm a Newly Wed for a second? Great.

Currently watching this show and a couple, both aged 22, decided they wouldn't have ANY sexual interaction with ANYONE prior to marriage. Not even kissing. Their first kiss was at the alter on their wedding day.

Then, of course, we see scenes of them prepping for their wedding night, the bride stating, "I can't believe in a few hours, I'll be having sex," the guy making a great display of hanging the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. Ridiculous. I had the thought, "I'd find this entire production of my first sexual experience terribly awkward," hence why I have never been an advocate of waiting for marriage. Why would you want everyone to know your business?

So...the next morning...they have breakfast at their hotel. Girl says, "I feel weird. It's like everyone knows I'm not a virgin anymore." Um. DING! DING! DING! DING!

Not only did you announce to your family, your friends, your parents' friends and a minister that you were 100% sexually pure at your wedding, you are on a television show that is airing on MTV. Guess what, everyone IS aware that you aren't a virgin anymore. Where you went wrong is believing this was vital information to share with the world.

Lesson: if you think it might even have the potential of making you feel awkward or weird, do not share the business of your nether regions with anyone other than your partner and a physician. I hate to dumb this post down but, I mean, duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment