Friday, June 4, 2010

Some Guys Have All the Luck



Look at this little SOB.

I'm ecstatic for someone acheiving their dreams and goals, nine times out of ten. But this situation has kind of pissed me off. Here's why:

In case you don't know what this kid is all about, he's 13, youngest to reach the top of Mt. Everest and wants to reach the top of all the world's highest peaks. His
first appearance on the Today Show left me interested. I thought, "Hey, great for him!" Then I went on about my day.

This morning, he was interviewed. Someone stated that, when he was 9, he saw a poster of the world's highest peaks in his elementary school and said, "I want to do that." That really got me thinking--- How much money has it cost to get this kid around the world to do this? I'm all for accomplishments, but it is a bit unfair that spoiled rich kids are more likely to realize their dreams simply because their parents had the means to put them in all the right places. Show me a hobo who has done what this kid has done, and then I'll throw an effing parade!

Also, Matt Lauer asked, "What advice would you give to parents who are watching who have kids that want to attempt what you've done?"
His response? Don't do it. It was hard and dangerous.

Sounds like someone wants all the glory. Suddenly he's the He-Man of mountain peaks and he refuses to let anyone step up to his level. Selfish and spoiled on so many levels. I'm now only 1/3 impressed.

What a 13 year old jag!


(Just for the record, I'm only half kidding by posting this)

No comments:

Post a Comment