Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Just cook a thing, dammit.



So, from what I can tell, this woman is famous for writing a blog about falling in love with and cooking for a cowboy. Any person out there familiar with this so-called "Pioneer Woman" think I'm way off base?

Her name is Ree Drummond, and her blog states- "I channel Lucille Ball, Vivien Leigh, and Ethel Merman." Fantastic. Those were some cool ladies, I suppose. And apparently she does cooking segments on the Today Show, a morning program that I love to hate more than America loves to hate Charlie Sheen. She prepared some sort of flank steak with pasta that did not look the slightest bit healthy which means it is probably delicious. She has red hair which almost always wins me over when it comes to people.

Her gimmick is what kills me. Ree Drummond is famous for falling in love, as far as I can tell. Any cooking segment that is littered with the phrase, "The first time I cooked this for my husband..." kind of just makes me want to upchuck, which is the opposite of what you want. Okay, I get it. You like that dude. I just want to hear how long you cook this flank steak. If I try this at home, I don't need to know how terrible it was the first time you prepared it or how sweet you thought it was that your "cowboy" ate it anyway.


I have said it before, and I will say it again. No one else in the world is as excited about your love life as you may be. It just isn't going to happen. Not even your mother cares that much. Please, just cook the damn steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment