Monday, February 7, 2011

Thoughts I had this morning

#1- I used to be fairly low maintenance when it came to getting ready to leave for work in the morning. Then, Chicago winters happened to me. Now, for at least six months out of the year, I am going to be late for work, because I am constantly walking out the door, leaving body warming implements, forcing me to go back into the house.

#2- We have lost Lindsay Lohan and the media needs to get over it. She's done. I know that Britney has recently returned from drug-induced crazy, but we can't have it all, America. The bitch stole shit. As did Winona Ryder, and now look. Who respects her? No one.Don't get me wrong. Everyone loves a shoplifter unless that shoplifter is someone other than themselves. (Don't tell me you never lifted a Lip Smackers lip gloss or a piece of candy as a kid.) But a $2,500 necklace? Gross.
Can we let go of her, please? What exactly are we missing out on now that she isn't acting? Name one good film she did post puberty that Tina Fey was not responsible for, and I will write you a check for $2,500. Catch is, you have to do this in person and convince me that you truly believe 'Georgia Rule' was worth anyone's money or time. And I'm a tough person to convince.

#3- If you portray any character who is based on an actual, living human being in a film that is highly revered, even if your performance is "meh" at best, you will get an Oscar nomination. Jesse Eisenberg, I like you, but I'm also looking at you. You played yourself. What a stretch!


#4- That being said, you know that Oscar night is almost here when the #1 movie in the US box office is no longer anything of great, artistic integrity, but rather a 'Single White Female' ripoff set in a college. I guess we all need to cleanse our palette from such quality films as 'True Grit', 'The King's Speech', and 'The Fighter'. Just give them the statuettes or not. America is done with good movies until next autumn when it starts to matter again.

#5- If journalists are going to make a habit of getting singers to "sing us a little bit" while doing interviews, they may as well go full-on 'Auntie Mable at the Family Reunion' and ask actors to "act something out" and get comedians to "tell us a joke." Otherwise, it's kind of weird.

2 comments:

  1. No, Eisenberg didn't play himself, he's not an arrogant a-hole in real life.

    ReplyDelete