Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dear Dude...


Dude:Yeah, I wanna get some tickets
Me: Okay. For when?
Dude: 8 o'clock, Friday. Absolute Best Friggin' Time of Your Life...
Me: I'm showing that as sold out on Friday at 8.
Dude: Really? That's...weird.
Me: We have the premium seats available for Spoiler Alert.
Dude: What are those.
Me: $46 reserved. Best seats in the house guaranteed.
Dude: Hmmm...what about Saturday at 8?
Me: Nothing is available. We're sold out.
Dude: Thursday?
Me: Both 8pm shows are available on Thursday.

Five minutes later...

Dude: Hey, I wanna get some tickets.
Me: Okay...
(silence)
Me (again): For when?
Dude: What's available on Saturday at 8?
Me: Nothing.
Dude: Not a thing?
Me: No, sir. We're sold out. We have the 11 pm shows available.
Dude: And all you have on Friday are the premiums?
Me: Yes, for Spoiler Alert.
Dude: How does Thursday look? I got some people drivin' in...
Me: All shows are available on Thursday.

He calls back...again...

Dude: Hey! Me again. Wantin' to get some tickets. (Too familiar, buddy. I get a lot of calls. Yes, I do remember your creepy voice, but that won't always be the case.)
Me: Alright...(More inappropriate silence that does not help speed along the transaction in the slightest. Come on, dude. This isn't hard. Give me some more information. The fact that you want to get tickets is a given, as you are calling a box office! Still, I take the bait. Apparently he likes for me to ask the questions.) When were you thinking of coming to a show?
Dude: I want those premium seats on Friday for Absolute Best Friggin Time
Me: There aren't any. That show is sold out. We only have tickets available for Spoiler Alert and they are premium.
Dude: Alright, then, I'll take those.
Me: How many are you looking for?
Dude: 11. (Eleven?! Just eleven people cruising into Chitown and think they can all get tickets to a show last minute?)
Me: I'm sorry, sir. There are only 7 available.
Dude: Oooooooooh. Ooooooooooooooh. Ooooooooooooooh. How does Thursday look?




So your short term memory also took your common sense during the divorce, I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment