Thursday, August 16, 2012

Grandmother knows best.

From last night. Please read all of this with a southern accent.


Memaw: I went to the movies the other night.

Casey: Yeah? What'd you see?

Memaw: I saw Meryl Streep's new movie.

Casey: Oh, how was it?

Memaw: It was...okay.

Casey: Not that great?

Memaw: Well, I think it embarrassed Peggy.

Casey: Why?

Memaw: It's about this couple and they're trying to work on their marriage.

Casey: Okay...so...

Memaw: In the bedroom.

Casey: It was sexual? Is that what you're telling me?

Memaw: (giggling) Well...it wasn't normal sexual. There was...a bit more spice to it.

Casey: Well, okay. I see.

Memaw: But, yeah, it was good. Tommy Lee Jones is in it and he is looking old!

Casey: He looks old? He's always looked old.

Memaw: Well he has, but I don't know if it was all the close up shots of his face or what, but he had more wrinkles than I've got. He must have lost weight or something.

Casey: You think?

Memaw: Well when people lose a lot of weight, they can look older. Your skin sags. Of course, your skin sags just from getting older, too. You start to look crunchy.

Casey: Crunchy?!

Memaw: Yeah, that's what's wrong with me. I'm getting crunchy. Well, I'll let you get back to your dinner. I just wanted to talk to you.

Emily's wedding. Best bridesmaid and best (bossiest) florist/wedding coordinator she's ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment